1 min read
Posted on 02.16.10
  • 1 min read
  • Posted on 02.16.10

The former absentee owner of a city property told a newspaper yesterday that he might go to court to recover the property from a City development agency. He claimed he had been working on the property for several years, though it is not clear how long he has owned it.

I have a better idea for him: tell the City where you actually live, pay the back taxes you neglected to pay, pull the permits you neglected to acquire, address the complaints filed by inspectors, comply with historic ordinances you seem to have ignored, and explain to someone the transaction history of the property. In other words, don't be a nuisance property owner and you won't be treated like one. Then, we'll see about your buying the property back.

Most St. Louisans pay their taxes and get permits when they need them.